In just a few weeks, Local No. 12 (the game collective that consists of Colleen Macklin, John Sharp, and myself) will be unveiling the next phase of our culture-jamming card game the Metagame. Meanwhile, the earlier version of the game has been getting a nice amount of attention online. So feel free to kill time until the next Metagame drops with these articles and podcasts.
- Culture maven and Journalist extraordinaire Heather Chaplin penned this feature about the Metagame titled “Debate Club” for Filmmaker Magazine.
- Jeff Rubin of College Humor fame is a longtime fan of The Metagame and has featured multiple times on his podcast the Jeff Rubin Jeff Rubin show. This episode from earlier in the year features John Sharp and I joining Jeff and a panel of comedians to help judge some very entertaining rounds of the game.
- On Chris Hardwick’s geek connoisseur website The Nerdist, the podcast series The Indoor Kids invited Jeff Rubin onto an episode of the show to throw down some Metagame.
- Nico Dicecco wrote this kind review of the Metagame for the always-intelligent game criticism site Medium Difficulty.
- And Nico’s writeup was picked up for mention by the trend-setting game culture site Kill Screen.
- Lastly… this isn’t press coverage as much as fan obsession, but Little Socrates, AKA Alex Lovendahl, compiled this amazingly complete list of Metagame cards for game megasite Giant Bomb.